Sunday, November 1, 2009

Autobiography



My name is Paul White, and I am a Sophomore at the University of South Carolina.
I grew up in Columbia, South Carolina where I went to Forest Lake Elementary School, E.L. Wright Middle School, and Richland Northeast High school.
In high school, I was very active in Model United Nations and the school's Newspaper, the Cavalier. I was also interested in some Student Government activities, as I was a member of the Student Senate.
Since I was in tenth grade, I have wanted to become a lawyer. Though I have an interest in the field of Journalism, that interest only goes as far as an undergraduate degree. After obtaining my undergraduate degree, I would like to go to law school either at USC or Wake Forest. Once I have a law degree, I would like to practice creditor's rights law, preferably somewhere in the north.

Some other interesting things you may not know about me:
  • I love bike riding
  • I love to cook
  • I'm gay and am a proponent of gay rights

    The Bible contains six admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision. ~Lynn Lavner


    The above quote is a humorous example of why I support gay rights. The bible--and other religious texts--can be interpreted in any number of ways, so why should one of these interpretations be used to prevent others from having their civil rights?

    For more information about gay rights, visit one of the following websites:
    Human Right's Campaign
    Marriage Equality USA
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment